Version effective as of 10.08.2023
We are pleased that you are visiting the website www.heule.com and thank you for your interest in our company.
With this Data Protection Statement we, the HEULE Werkzeug AG (hereinafter HEULE), describe how we collect and further process personal data. This Data Protection Statement is not necessarily a comprehensive description of our data processing. It is possible that other data protection statements or General Terms and Conditions are applicable to specific circumstances. The term "personal data" in this Data Protection Statement to shall mean any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify any person. If you provide us with personal data of other persons (such as work colleagues), please make sure the respective persons are aware of this Data Protection Statement and only provide us with their data if you are allowed to do so and such personal data is correct.
This Privacy Notice is aligned with the EU General Data Protection Regulation («GDPR»), the Swiss Data Protection Act («DPA») and the revised Swiss Data Protection («revDPA»). However, the application of these laws depends on each individual case.
1. Controller / Data Protection Officer
The "controller" of data processing as described in this data protection statement (i.e. the responsible person) is HEULE Werkzeug AG, Wegenstrasse 11, 9436 Balgach, Switzerland. You can notify us of any data protection related concerns using the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 71 726 38 38.
2. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
We primarily process personal data that we obtain from our clients and other business partners as well as other individuals in the context of our business relationships with them or that we collect from users when operating our website. Insofar as it is permitted to us, we obtain certain personal data from publicly accessible sources (e.g. press, internet) or we may receive such information from affiliated companies of HEULE. Apart from data you provided to us directly, we receive data in connection with your use of our website (e.g., IP address, information regarding your device and settings, cookies, date and time of your visit, sites and content retrieved, applications used, referring website, localization data). This data is collected automatically as soon as you enter this website.
3. Purpose of Data Processing and Legal Grounds
We primarily use collected data in order to conclude and process contracts with our clients and business partners, to process the procurement of products and services from our suppliers, as well as in order to comply with our domestic and foreign legal obligations. In addition, in line with applicable law and where appropriate, we may process your personal data and personal data of third parties for the following purposes, which are in our (or, as the case may be, any third parties') legitimate interest, such as:
- providing and developing our products, services and websites and other platforms, on which we are active;
- communication with third parties and processing of their requests (e.g., job applications, media inquiries);
- obtaining personal data from publicly accessible sources for customer acquisition;
- advertisement and marketing, provided that you have not objected to the use of your data for this purpose.
If you have given us your consent to process your personal data for certain, we will process your personal data within the scope of and based on this consent, unless we have another legal basis, provided that we require one. Consent given can be withdrawn at any time, but this does not affect data processed prior to withdrawal.
4. Cookies / Tracking and Other Techniques Regarding the Use of our Website
Which cookies are used?
- YouTube components: On our website, we use videos that are uploaded to www.youtube.com by YouTube LLC, a company of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, and can be played directly from our website. These videos are displayed on our websites via a preview image. Only when you press the play button of the videos, a connection to the YouTube servers is established and the content is displayed on the website by notifying your browser.
- Web analytics service: Matomo: This website uses the open source web analytics service Matomo to collect and analyse anonymous usage data for this website. Matomo uses "cookies". We host Matomo exclusively on our own servers, so all analytics data remains with us and is not shared. The data is retained for a period of 3 years. Visitor behaviour data is collected to identify any problems such as pages not being found, search engine problems or unpopular pages. Through Matomo we can find out, among other things, when which page views were made and from which region they come. We also collect various log files (e.g. IP address, referrer, browsers and operating systems used) and can measure whether our website visitors perform certain actions (e.g. clicks).
We use CookieHub functions on our website from the company CookieHub ehf, Hafnargata 18, 230 Reykjanesbæ, Iceland. The software automatically creates a DSGVO-compliant (or DSG-compliant) cookie notice for our website visitors. This allows us to show you exactly what is going on on our website and which of your data is being stored. In addition, the technology scans, controls and evaluates all cookies and tracking measures on our website. By using this feature, data from you may be sent to CookieHub, stored and processed. Cookiehub does not collect any personal data about its end users and does not track any activity, except for anonymous consent logs used to demonstrate user choice in the event of a complaint, as required by Article 7.1 of the GDPR.
5. Retention Periods for your Personal Data
We process and retain your personal data as long as required for the performance of our contractual obligation and compliance with legal obligations or other purposes pursued with the processing, i.e. for the duration of the entire business relationship as well as beyond this duration in accordance with legal retention and documentation obligations.
6. Data Security
By way of contract data processing, your data will be stored on the servers at the headquarters in Balgach, Switzerland. HEULE uses technical and organisational security measures to protect the collected data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons. We point out that the transmission of data on the Internet may be unsecured and that there is therefore a risk that third parties may intercept and use the data. Our security measures are continuously improved according to technological developments.
7. Obligation to Provide Personal Data to us
In the context of our business relationship you must provide us with any personal data that is necessary for the conclusion and performance of a business relationship and the performance of our contractual obligations. Without this information, we will usually not be able to enter into or carry out a contract with you (or the entity or person you represent). In addition, the website cannot be used unless certain information is disclosed to enable data traffic (e.g. IP address).
8. Your Rights
In accordance with and as far as provided by applicable law, you have the right to access, rectification and erasure of your personal data, the right to restriction of processing or to object to our data processing and in addition the right to receive certain personal data for transfer to another controller.
We have already informed you of the possibility to withdraw consent in Section 3 above. Please further note that the exercise of these rights may be in conflict with your contractual obligations and this may result in consequences such as premature contract termination or involve costs. If this is the case, we will inform you in advance unless it has already been contractually agreed upon. In general, exercising these rights requires that you are able to prove your identity (e.g., by a copy of identification documents where your identity is not evident otherwise or can be verified in another way). In order to assert these rights, please contact us at the addresses provided in Section 1 above.
In addition, every data subject has the right to enforce his/her rights in court or to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The competent data protection authority of Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (http://www.edoeb.admin.ch).
9. Amendments of this Data Protection Statement
We may amend this Data Protection Statement at any time without prior notice. The current version published on our website shall apply.