A customer from India was looking for a solution for holes to connect 260 metres of rails. By working with HEULE, he was able to optimise his process.
- Bore-Ø: 32.0 mm +/- 0.2 mm
- Chamfer-Ø: 34.0 mm +/- 0.1 mm
- Material: Steel
- Machine: Special drilling machine
- Machining: Horizontal machining with coolant
- Volume: 1'500'000 parts/year with 2 bores each
The SNAP Combi GH-Q-O-2687 is the perfect tool for such applications.
- Speed: 510 rev/min
- Feed: 62 mm/rev
- Coolant: Internal coolant
The customer had to introduce changes to the rail production process for safety reasons. The front and back chamfers were being done manually, which turned out not to be an ideal option. The tool from HEULE and the resulting machine processing can prevent the costs of the manual set-up. The quality of the chamfers meets the customer’s requirements.
With HEULE’s solution, chamfering was implemented on the existing machines and with the existing equipment. This prevented very high investment in new equipment.